Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Autoimmunity
The Clark Lab in the Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology and the Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist to conduct research into autoimmune diseases with a particular focus on multiple sclerosis and with the goal of studying new strategies to target the metabolism of immune cells. The ideal candidate should have a strong publication record and detailed knowledge of immunology and metabolism with applicable skills in biochemistry and molecular biology; should be able to work independently and in a team; and should have excellent oral and written communication skills. The Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology and the Crump Institute provides a unique, fast-paced, and collaborative environment containing integrated technologies that are ideal for innovative problem solving among a variety of scientific disciplines.
The potential candidate for this opportunity will be involved in collaborative research to study new strategies for targeting metabolism in autoimmune diseases.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, or a related field is required with a strong publication record in peer reviewed journals
- A superior academic performance and publication record
- Sound knowledge of standard techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology, including molecular cloning, immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry, and cell culture
- Must be able to prioritize work, multi-task and be very well organized
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Must have demonstrated awareness of safety practices required for working with biohazards and radiation
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with strong work ethics
- Highly motivated and demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and productively in a dynamic team environment with other scientific disciplines.
- Experience with animal models of autoimmunity is highly desirable
- Experience in immunology is highly desirable
Interested applicants please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and the names/contact information of three references to Dr. Peter Clark at email@example.com
Additionally, highly motivated and accomplished scientists at all levels are encouraged to contact Dr. Clark for more information on open positions.